AFL-CIO COMMUNITY SERVICES
A Rich History
August 17, 1942 is when our history began.
That is when an agreement was made between United Way Worldwide and the AFL and CIO. Both entities saw the shared needs of the individuals they serve and knew: They were better together.
Since that time, the AFL-CIO and Central Labor Councils have partnered with United Way, encouraging Union members to give, advocate and volunteer. This partnership is focused on creating a safe environments where working families can flourish right here at home.
Goals of this Program:
It's our goal to improve support systems for workers and their families. This program exists to:
- Provide referral services to workers and their families through unemployment and crisis events
- Coordinate volunteer events to provide service and support to the community
- Build and maintain a relationship with the Springfield Central Labor Council.
- Contribute to initiatives that improve support systems, public & private, for workers and their families
- Improve the social and economic conditions of working families to help them build self-sufficiency
Community & Government Resources
2022/23 Campaign Endorsements
We'd like to thank the local unions and organizations that contribute to our annual campaign.