The United Way of the Ozarks met with their agency partners to discuss organizational and community needs on Monday, March 16. Leaders discussed ways they can collaborate to help one another. For example, many agencies are struggling to cover overtime and other operational costs required to deliver additional services. The three most urgent needs are:
1) Fundraising to pay for immediate and pressing needs such as additional staffing and supplies for United Way agencies. We have established a United Way Coronavirus Respond Fund. To donate now, text SGFresponds to 41444 or go to our website to make an online donation, at uwozarks.org. We challenge individuals to make a $20 donation.
2) Supplies, our partner agencies need supplies such as toilet paper and hand sanitizer – visit uwozarks.org/donate-supplies
3) Collaboration/Communication – the United Way will facilitate the sharing of information between agencies so that there is a coordinated response to needs.
Want to help?
– Challenge your friends and family on Facebook and other social media to make donations to the Emergency Fund by texting SGFresponds to 41444 or donate online at uwozarks.org
– Donate items by visiting the United Way website – uwozarks.org/donate-supplies to see alist of needs by organization.
– Consider giving blood at the Community Blood Center or American Red Cross.
– Continue to support non-profits in the Ozarks. The added burden of helping those in need is greater now than ever. Some non-profits will need to reschedule or cancel fundraising events which are crucial to funding the ongoing operations of these organizations.