November 27, 2018 is Giving Tuesday, a celebration of generosity following Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, and Cyber Monday. It is a day when you can support a cause close to your heart by helping United Way of the Ozarks build stronger communities in southwest Missouri.
In 2017, United Way-funded programs served nearly 300,000 individuals across 14 counties. We support children, adults, and families to help reach successful milestones in
- Education – literacy and mentoring
- Access to health – wellness, healthy nutrition, and medical services
- Achievement of financial stability – jobs-skills training to gain employment
Did you know that 1 in 2 children cannot read at grade level by the end of third grade? Children who are unable to read at grade by the end of third grade ae four times more likely to drop out of school. Kaden – a participant in one of our funded reading programs – jumped two reading levels in less than one year thanks to his Reading Buddy. In 2017, we helped more than 52,000 children just like Kaden with reading, tutoring, and mentoring so they have the best chance possible at success.
This year hope to raise $5,000 on Giving Tuesday. All donations given to United Way of the Ozarks stay local (here in the 14-county are
a we serve). This goal will only be met with the help and generosity of people like you.
How to Donate
Donate here! You can also donate using the following:
- Text THANKS to 40403 (follow the link to complete your credit card or PayPal donation)
- Shop on Amazon Smile during Black Friday and Cyber Monday and a portion of your purchase will go directly to United Way of the Ozarks. (Hint: It works exactly the same as your regular Amazon account and has your payments, Prime account, etc., already configured).