This November, the GivingTuesday movement is running #MyGivingStory, a new storytelling contest that will highlight acts of generosity that may take place out of the public spotlight. They are asking individuals across the country to share their personal reasons for giving, and then share those stories with their communities.
As a supporter of United Way of the Ozarks, we’d be honored if you would take this opportunity to reflect upon your commitment to our work. Maybe it’s a reflection about your Day of Caring experience. Perhaps it is a story of your work with one of our 23 partner agencies and the impact we all make together. What ever your story is, we want to hear it and share it!
Winners will receive GlobalGiving gift cards ranging from $100-500. The nonprofit they write about in their essay will receive $1,000-5,000 grants. It’s a WIN – WIN! In addition, Unworthy will also develop and share articles featuring the two first place winning stories. We would LOVE for United Way of the Ozarks and our communities to be recognized in a positive way at a national level.
How to Enter #MyGivingStory
- Go to the contest entry form (http://woobox.com/kxdcce) or visit the #MyGivingStory tab on #GivingTuesday Facebook page.
- Post a short essay (200 words minimum) responding to the question, “What inspires you to give?”
- In it, tell the story of a specific instance in which you supported a nonprofit organization in a way that was meaningful to you.
- Submit your essay by November 24.
- Share and promote your submission on social media with #MyGivingStory and #GivingTuesday.
- Contact [email protected] with any questions!
We’d also like to take this opportunity to share what we have in the works for #GivingTuesday. This year, we will focus our efforts to raise money for our Dolly Parton Imagination Library initiative. Our goal is to not only provide books through this program for the 1575 current children enrolled, but also be able to increase the number of children who receive books in 2016. Watch for more details about this great program and how YOU can help a child find the joys of reading this December 1, 2015.
Thank you for your support of United Way of the Ozarks. We are really excited about #MyGivingStory and #GivingTuesday, and hope you will participate in all our year end activities! Together, we will continue showing others what it means to #liveUnited.
Your United Way of the Ozarks