Director of Administration
Salary Range: $45,000 - $48,000 annually
Close Date: until filled
Exemption Status: Exempt, full-time position at 40 hours per week.
To apply: Qualified candidates should email their resume and cover letter to Greg Burris at [email protected]
Opportunity Description: Do Good – Come join us!
The Director of Administration does good in the community, works with an exceptional team, and is responsible for organizing and managing general operations and administrative functions. Provides direct support to the President/CEO, Board of Directors, and management team. Coordinates the Community Investment process that directs donated funds to impact our community. Coordinates maintenance of property and facilities. Provides administrative support to the Emergency Food and Shelter Program. Recruits and supervises administrative volunteers and college interns.
General Position Description: The Director of Administration is responsible for organizing and managing general operations and administrative functions; supporting the President/CEO, Board of Directors, and management team; maintenance of property and facilities; and other duties as assigned.
- Provide administrative assistance to the President/CEO.
- Plan/administer Board, Executive Committee, and other Board committee meetings, including scheduling, drafting minutes, helping create agendas, reproducing and distributing documents, etc.
- Coordinate the annual Community Investment process and associated partner nonprofit communications.
- Serve as the primary staff support to the Community Investment Co-Chairs and Panel Chairs.
- Oversee the development and production of Community Investment materials.
- Coordinate the nonprofit financial certification, nonprofit partner contracting and fund distribution processes.
- Schedule and oversee the nonprofit program presentations and evaluation process.
- Create/maintain accurate minutes, meeting notices, memos, rosters and official corporate documents.
- Process and submit invoices in an accurate and timely manner.
- Accurately maintain corporate records and files (computer and paper).
- Provide administrative support for the Emergency Food and Shelter Program (EFSP).
- Responsible for daily operations and maintenance of properties owned by United Way of the Ozarks.
- Develop and administer a facility preventative maintenance plan.
- Send RFPs and receive bids from service providers and coordinate associated services.
- Provide copies of signed contracts to VP of Finance/COO.
- Provide proactive oversight of facilities and services.
- Answer and refer phone calls and process all incoming and outgoing mail.
- Help coordinate and provide administrative support to the United Academy for Inclusion & Belonging.
- Order supplies, services and business equipment, including telephones (except IT equipment and services).
- Provide direct supervision, work assignments and support for the AARP Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) worker(s), other volunteers, and student interns assigned to Administration.
- Manage all aspects of the Cancer and Veterans Assistance funds.
- Oversee meeting arrangements and scheduling, as requested.
- High school diploma, bachelor’s degree preferred; and two (2) years prior administrative work experience required.
- Excellent interpersonal, team-building, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Ability to meet deadlines and keep team members updated on progress.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Computer skills, with proficiency in use of MS Office, email and Internet/Web research.
- Ability to work independently in a professional manner.
- Ability to work with and provide exceptional customer service to individuals possessing varying levels of knowledge about UWO and associated processes.
Donor Data and Research Specialist
Salary Range: $42,000 – $50,000 annually
Close Date: until filled
To apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to Vice President of Resource Development, Rachael Walsh at [email protected]
The Donor Data & Research Specialist serves as the administrator and organization-wide expert on the customer relationship management database, builds and customizes the digital fundraising sites for campaigns, and ensures the documentation and compliance of technology practices. The Donor Data & Research Specialist plays an essential role in the Resource Development division’s efforts through the effective and efficient implementation of established processes for research and data entry, export, reporting, management and analysis for corporate and individual donors and services. This position is tasked with ensuring that Resource Development team members have accurate data, efficient access to reports and actionable insights to drive donor acquisition, retention and giving.
- Oversee and manage the Andar database with respect to data quality, strategic use, and new opportunities to enhance workflows via use of new features.
- Compile data to provide daily, weekly, and specialized reports needed for annual campaign and year-round donor engagement.
- Conduct research on assigned donor prospects and maintain up-to-date donor profiles for use in retention, engagement, and increased giving.
- Develop and maintain standard and custom queries to extract data from Andar database.
- Develop and revise mailing lists for solicitations.
- Participate in the development of processes to ensure collaboration, integration, and alignment of all UWO teams.
- Ensure consistent implementation, and recommend improvements, of up-to-date policies and processes for areas of responsibility.
- Lead database maintenance and quality improvement through merging accounts and identifying data elements that require annual review and updates.
- Serve as the technical project manager for digital fundraising campaigns ensuring website template design is complete, employee data files are accurate, emails are successfully sent, and website performance is monitored.
- Collect and record campaign reports from third-party processors, Global Corporate Leader campaigns, and other local United Ways.
- Develop and revise mailing lists for solicitations.
- Generate and mail donor acknowledgement letters.
- Assist the finance team with recording campaign packets and donor pledges, as needed.
- Continually research and share opportunities, best practices, trends, and benchmark data to inform United Way and its efforts to attract, retain and engage donors.
- Contribute to the overall success of the United Way by performing other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High School diploma is required. Bachelor’s degree in business, sales, communications, or nonprofit management; or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working in data administration and management functions (collection, analysis, communication, distribution, etc.) preferred.
- Demonstrate ability to gather, analyze and summarize data for use in planning, service delivery and continuous quality improvement efforts.
- Ability to work with individuals possessing varying levels of technical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of best practices in data management, reporting and analysis.
- Team oriented with a commitment to fostering strong, productive working relationships with all staff, volunteers, and the overall community.
- Ability to work under time and performance pressure efficiently and accurately.
- Project and maintain a positive and professional attitude.
- Hold self and others accountable for high quality, timely, and effective results.
- Ability to work well independently and within teams as a member and/or leader.
- Innovative and open to exploring and implementing new ideas.
- Demonstrate understanding of diversity, equity, and inclusionary practices.
- High level of integrity, ability to exercise tact and good judgment.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks.
- Excellent follow-up and follow-through skills.
- Strong strategic thinking skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and demonstrated ability to learn new technology applications. Experience in CRM software and data analysis applications preferred.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, exempt position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Why choose United Way of the Ozarks?
Advancing the common good is about helping one person at a time and about creating community change that benefits every member of the community. We are all connected and interdependent; we all win when a child succeeds in school, when families are financially stable, and when people are healthy.
At United Way of the Ozarks, we have a staff of 8 dedicated employees to help us achieve our goals and fulfill our mission: To improve lives by raising funds and uniting support around our communities’ critical needs and red flags. To support the great work of our employees, we offer a competitive salary and a robust benefits package including health and dental insurance, a 403 (b) plan, life insurance, generous vacation and holiday pay and paid sick time off.
Additionally, United Way of the Ozarks offers:
- Convenient downtown location with free parking.
- Opportunities for professional development.
- Paid volunteer time off.
- An exceptional team of top-notch professionals that share your passion for strengthening our community.
United Way of the Ozarks is committed to seeking and sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse environment and to the principles that promote inclusive practices. We are dedicated to building a diverse staff with expertise and interest in serving our communities and encourage persons of all types of diversity to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer