Join Our Team
About the organization:
United Way of the Ozarks (UWO) is a regional agency serving southwest Missouri counties. Located in Springfield, Missouri, UWO works with 23 partner agencies to improve lives and address critical need within its 14 county service area. The President/CEO leads a staff of 12 and is responsible for a $3.0 million campaign budget. More than 2,500 area residents serve as UWO volunteers. Additional information about UWO may be found on our website at: www.uwozarks.org
General Position Summary:
With broad oversight of the Board of Directors, the President/CEO is responsible for leading all fundraising efforts, administrative activities, and daily operations of United Way of the Ozarks (UWO). The President/CEO works collaboratively with private, public, corporate, and governmental organizations to improve conditions and the quality of life for residents of the UWO service area. The President/CEO is responsible for achievement of measurable goals for the common good – creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies for broad investment and impact. The President/CEO is responsible for building trust in United Way and its relevance in the community. He/she values networking and strives to enhance United Way’s community presence, relationships, and strategy.
Qualifications include five or more years of business, organizational, or foundation leadership; a bachelor’s degree; and significant experience with charitable agencies in either paid staff or volunteer roles. The President/CEO must be able to effectively communicate and engage with diverse constituencies ranging from agency clients, agency representatives, volunteers and donors to community and corporate leaders. As President/CEO, the individual must be able to effectively organize and execute major fundraising efforts. Experience with United Way agencies and a graduate degree in business, social services, education, administration, or other relevant field are preferred.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of fundraising.
- Budget development and organizational management experience.
- Strong supervision and leadership skills.
- Ability to not only effectively communicate with diverse constituencies but also the
- ability to facilitate discussion and problem solving. Demonstrates proficiency in
- stakeholder and relationship management.
- Strong experience as a convener and facilitator of diverse organizations on critical community issues.
- Excellent collaboration skills.
- Excellent organizational skills including strategic planning, establishing organizational objectives, and performance standards/metrics.
- High energy level with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to perform multifaceted projects.
- Ability to inspire commitment among staff, volunteers, and donors.
- Ability and willingness to participate in and contribute to organization efforts. (Will work side-by-side with staff and volunteers to complete projects and obtain results).
- Strong communication skills including oral, presentation, and written communication skills. The President/CEO must have the creative ability to “tell the story, connect the dots, and inspire others."
Submit resume and cover letter via email to: [email protected]
Email subject line: UWO President/CEO
Cover letters to be addressed to: Search Committee
Candidates are strongly encouraged to highlight specific, measureable achievements in their submissions.
Application Deadline: June 21, 2019
Equal Opportunity Employer
Vice President/Chief Financial Officer
Open until filled
The VP/CFO is an Officer of the Organization, a member of the Senior Management Team and as such has joint responsibility for the development and execution of organizational strategy and effectiveness. The role of the CFO is to provide senior leadership to the organization in Financial Stewardship, Legal Compliance, Contract Management, Governance, Risk Management, Privacy Management and to oversee the Finance, Donor Database Management, Information Services, Human Resource, and Facilities Management functions. EOE.
- BS in Accounting or equivalent and at least 10 years experience in non-profit accounting and financial management.
- Knowledge of nonprofit accounting, GAAP, GAAS and grants/contract accounting required.
- General data processing background, knowledge of computers and a broad range of software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Non-Profit Management, Accounting, Investments, Insurance, Human Resources and Accounts Payable
Qualified candidates should email their resume and cover letter to Adele Alton at [email protected].
No walk-ins or phone calls please.
Equal Opportunity Employer
There are currently no openings. Check back later for updates.